Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Outfit of the Day: Revamping Thrifted Items

Japanese Gardens
 While enjoying a quiet afternoon at the Japanese Garden sat Fort Bliss at El Paso, Texas, I chose an outfit where I can showcase the ways I revamp thrifted or old items in my wardrobe to style them with new items to create trendy outfits. In this outfit of the day, I styled a polka dot dress that I transformed into a skirt. The detailing at the waist allowed me to transform the dress into a skirt by cutting the top part and leaving the bottom section. I styled this revamped dress/skirt with a casual black shirt with ruffled sleeves that I got from TJ MAXX. To complement the theme of the outfit, I kept the accessories simple by adding a black purse from Target and a black pendant necklace and bracelet from Forever 21. I finished the look by adding a pair of black dress sandals from Nine West. Visiting a replica of a Japanese Garden in a desert environment is the perfect representation of how things can adapt to new setting. The old items and thrifted pieces in my wardrobe have adapted to new fashion trends.
 I hope you get inspired!




Lookbook.nu: http://lookbook.nu/latinafashiondairies

Follow us on Instagam: latinafashiondiaries

Contact us at: latinafashionblog@gmail.com









OUTFIT:
Thrifted Polka Dot Dress/Skirt
TJ MAAS Black Shirt with Ruffled Sleeves
Target Black Bag
Forever 21 Black Pendant Necklace
Forever 21 Bracelet
Nine West Black Dress Sandals









xoxo,
Latina Fashion Diaries


No comments:

Post a Comment